Sunday, June 9, 2013

twerp food

fair warning fellas

I’m tall but sort of clumsy! I can be handsome, but in a soft, goofy, non-threatening way!! I’m funny, but sensitive!!! I’m (seemingly) care-free!!!! I have all the makings of a guy that your girlfriend will turn to when you start having relationship troubles!!!!! I know from experience!!!!!! I promise, I don’t want it any more than you do!!!!!!!

Reading arguments I got in with people on FB messenger in '09 right now and simultaneously lol'ing...

Reading arguments I got in with people on FB messenger in '09 right now and simultaneously lol'ing and s'ing mh… They mostly revolve around girls who I wronged because they thought we were “more than friends” and guys from my high school who I called out for being racist/homophobic/etc… It's funny because now I don't have those kinds of miscommunications with women because I don't speak to them in that context, because I've gotten way lamer in the last 3/4 years, and as for those dudes, it would be unfathomable for 2013 Mike to really step in someone's business like that in a social justice context.
My progression from 17 to 21 has really seen me become a lot more introverted in a sense… I am still loud as fuck and obnoxious in some people's eyes, but everything that comes out of my mouth is garbage. I learned to keep those feelin's inside like a good Midwestern man.

Also I had coffee with a Swedish guy I met earlier today

Also I had coffee with a Swedish guy I met earlier today

Italy has been way different than Germany ever would be for me because of obvious cultural...

Italy has been way different than Germany ever would be for me because of obvious cultural differences but what I’m actually noticing is how much more like a tourist I feel in a country where I speak none of the language as opposed to being almost conversational (at my best). It’s been harder to extend myself outside the city center where everyone speaks English. I am currently blogging from a cool café/library with a definite “alt” feel and it’s cool I might hang out here and see what the nighttime crowd is like. There is another pub I read about which is supposed to have a nice even mix of locals and young American students which I might check out.

Deleting the Internet brb



Deleting the Internet brb

exhibitiona: "Jackie stole home!" Raymond Pettibon is the...



exhibitiona:

"Jackie stole home!" Raymond Pettibon is the latest artist to create a billboard for High Line Art

honestly I harbor more ethnic prejudice toward Italian people than any other people I have no idea...

honestly I harbor more ethnic prejudice toward Italian people than any other people I have no idea where it comes from but my experience here thus far has done nothing to change how I feel, for better or worse

I’m afraid to take my socks of cause they might have fused to my feet from all the walking...

I’m afraid to take my socks of cause they might have fused to my feet from all the walking I’ve done today

people who think their cat is "not like other cats"

“not like other cats”

mutantfunnies: Slurricane by Will Laren.



mutantfunnies:

Slurricane by Will Laren.

willlaren: Family Tattoo on Flickr.



willlaren:

Family Tattoo on Flickr.

willlaren: "Personal growth"



willlaren:

"Personal growth"

“pizza fetishism”

“pizza fetishism”

this is my favorite photo I've ever taken



this is my favorite photo I've ever taken

Tour guide: This is said to be the house Dante Alighieri lived and worked in.

Tour guide: This is said to be the house Dante Alighieri lived and worked in.
Girl in my class: Who's that?
Me: *sigh*
Professor: He wrote Dante's "Inferno" and the "Divine Comedy"...
Girl: Oh. *turns to friend* Do you know what those are??
Me: face. palm.

thanks to the power of the Internet and google translate and my love of maps I have already...

thanks to the power of the Internet and google translate and my love of maps I have already developed a pretty good catalog of places in Firenze that seem a little more “local” and “unique” and one spot that may even be a little “subversive” and an all-vegetarian cafe and one blog that assured me of a place to meet weird old men.
Sorry to be that guy, but I promise I’m not against tourist attractions! I enjoy them! We are just spending so much of our days in churches and museums and in the city center that it would be nice to be able to spend weekends and evenings in slightly “cooler” parts of town.

Slayer is playing somewhere near Firenze in like 2 weeks lol

Slayer is playing somewhere near Firenze in like 2 weeks lol

selfdefensefamily: That's a really handsome cop. 



selfdefensefamily:

That's a really handsome cop. 

I want to get food in this airport but I’m afraid to out myself as an American devil

I want to get food in this airport but I’m afraid to out myself as an American devil

My flight had a very good selection of movies and now I’ve finally seen Silver Linings...

My flight had a very good selection of movies and now I’ve finally seen Silver Linings Playbook

No comments:

Post a Comment